Universal Music Group - Twitch Technical Producer (Contract / Los Angeles)
As the Twitch Technical Producer, you will be the technical lead for Universal Music Group's Twitch channel livestream productions. The contract role, based in Los Angeles, will manage and oversee the space and gear for both online and live in-person original content events. The Twitch Technical Producer will be key in producing a best-in-class music channel on Twitch. Focus areas include pre-production, technical oversight, setup and operation of streaming and video equipment, filming for livestream broadcast and general on-site execution of livestreams. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, talented, highly-technical live broadcast professional with a passion for providing high-quality live event coverage.
You will report to the VP, Content & Strategy °1824 and the Director, Channel Production & Strategy °1824.
• Manage technical aspects of broadcast production for online, studio and live event broadcasts, providing technical support as needed
• Be the lead stream operator and technical director
• Determine best practices for audio, video, and broadcast equipment
• Communicate and enforce Twitch standards, while defining and creating new standards as technology and project scopes evolve
• Communicate key information with other technicians, camera operators, and supporting team members
• Determine operational priorities and streamline performance by identifying risks early, planning contingencies and reacting to issues in real-time
• Develop and refine production workflows and department standards
• Help direct camera operators and optimize broadcast picture in a variety of settings
• Coordinate graphics and assets across weekly and live-event broadcasts
• Consistently deliver high-quality services to clients
• 5+ years of experience in visual content creation
• Technical expertise in video signal and streaming workflows in both studio and remote live broadcast environments
• Significant understanding of IP networks and streaming equipment configuration
• Deep understanding of live video delivery systems and video codecs
• Operational experience with live video encoding hardware
• Basic understanding of mixing audio and managing broadcast audio levels
• Working knowledge of all livestreaming and studio disciplines including cameras, audio equipment, lighting, graphics
• The ability manage multiple projects and timelines at once
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to identify, communicate, and troubleshoot issues and production problems calmly, methodically, and efficiently
• Ability to lead, execute, and deliver in a fast-paced environment
Apply at the link here or via the form below.